1. Competitors may be solo artists or bands, and they must use instruments. The Shivaree committee have final approval rights on all entries.
2. The Shivaree committee and Junction 36 are providing sound and a drum kit. Bands must use the equipment provided.
3. Bands may only bring their own instruments, except drum kits. Please contact the Chamber prior to the event for any special considerations.
4. Bands will present 2-3 songs to the judges, with a maximum time limit of 10 minutes. There will be a 15 minute turn around between bands.
5. Entry is Free for listed band members. Family and friends of band members will have to pay entry fees at the door.
6. Bands must check in one hour prior to their scheduled slot. Day of entries must check in at 11 am the day of the event.
7. The band line up will be posted on the Shivaree Facebook Page 3 days prior to the performance, emails will also be sent to contestants if an email address is provided. Performance times will be assigned based on when applications are submitted.
8. The winner of Shivaree Star will be the paid opening act for Read Southall and The Great Divide on June 6, 2020. They will play a 45 minute act at 6 pm on the Square in Gatesville.
9. A band will also win crowd favorite. Fans in the crowd at The Juntions on Route 36 can vote for their favorite artists. Each vote is $1. The crowd favorite will play a short acoustic set prior to the winner of Shivaree Star on June 6, 2020.
For more information please contact the Gatesville Chamber at 254-865-2617, visit the Shivaree Facebook page, or email the Chamber at Chamber@GatesvilleTX.info.