1. Artists must be 18 years or older.
2. You must pre-register online and proceed to create a Facebook Fundraiser event.
3. CHECK-IN is between 8–10 am, Saturday, June 19, 20201
1. You can have as many canvases stamped as you want.
2. You may submit up to 2 new works by 5:00 pm the day of painting.
4. Watercolor “block pads” will not be stamped at check -in. Single sheets of paper only.
5. All work must be created solely by the artist and done completely from life.
6. All work must be completed at your assigned farm.
7. No mechanical or photographic assistance is to be employed.
8. All work is to be completed June 19, 2021, during The Farms of Great Lakes Bay Region Plein Air Paint-Out 2021.
Requirements for Submitted Artwork
1. All artworks must begin on a white or toned ground.
2. All work is to be done in a framable medium wired for hanging. (NO saw-tooth hangers!)
3. Artwork size must be no larger than 24” (including frame) on any side.
4. Frames should not exceed 4” in width.
5. Unframed gallery wrapped art must be at least 1” in depth and edges must be pre-painted with an acrylic paint.
6. Work on paper must be framed and under glass/Plexiglas.
7. Don’t forget to sign your artwork.
8. Only artwork stamped and painted during the Paint -Out on June 19, 2021, can be sold. Studio 23's curator must be able to check the back of the canvas or paper for the stamp prior to framing/hanging.
9. You will receive title cards to fill out with title, media, artists and price.
1. Price your artwork commensurate with your normal pricing structure.
2. Prices for artwork are not negotiable once they are entered into competition at end of the painting day.
3. Studio 23 reserves the right to disqualify any work deemed objectionable or that does not adhere to the rules and guidelines of the competition. All decisions of representatives of Studio 23 will be final.
Sales commission is 40% to Studio 23, the event sponsor, and 60% to the artist, and is required for all paintings sold. Please take this into consideration when setting price. All work that is submitted must be for sale. No NFS (Not For Sale) artwork is allowed as part of this presentation exhibit. Paintings must be priced in accordance with the artist’s current pricing structure. All sales handled by Studio 23. Artists will receive payment within three weeks of the sale.